The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll also say that they will rip you off if they think they can get away with it. The prices on everything seem to change according to who's asking about the item

Also they supposedly give you half of what they sell the fish for if you exchange fish with them, but I have found that to not be true either

·
Registered
131 Posts
just started my first planted tank. moved to savannah almost a year ago, so i'm wondering if you guys can help me find someplace for info about plants and tanks thanks
Welcome to the forum. If you are looking for info the internet, especially here, is your best source. I buy all my stuff online. I usually buy fish from places like petsmart because I can't stand the overprice at exotic underworld. Just be careful with you fish and make sure you have a quarantine tank.

I didn't know we have user from savannah on this forum. Maybe we can start trading.

Have anyone try Coastal Aquarium?
3745 Ogeechee Rd Ste 600
Savannah, GA 31405

·
Registered
265 Posts
I agree with the price gouging there, I asked the other day about a small piece of driftwood, one guy quoted my 20 bones, then another chick quoted me 40, keep your wits about you my friends.

I'm stationed here at HAAF, my uncle and cousins live here tho, and my uncle catches wild fish for his planted tank, he catches mollies and another fish I've never seen but during the breeding months they turn a really wild orange, yet off season they look like any other dark cichlid. His tank is literally wild.

On post in the streams I've seen top-down views of what appear to be mollies, but are guppy size, they are black and white speckled, once my tanks cycle is complete, I plan on acquiring some of them.

I'm always down to look for wild fish, in moderation around savannah, so anyone who's interested on a weekend hit me up

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you are looking for info the internet, especially here, is your best source. I buy all my stuff online. I usually buy fish from places like petsmart because I can't stand the overprice at exotic underworld. Just be careful with you fish and make sure you have a quarantine tank.
LOL. When I first moved to GA after getting out of the Navy I worked at petsmart. That's what got me into the planted aquarium hobby again.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have lived in savannah for 22 years. Their are several locations to get good stuff locally you just have to shop around. To the person who asked about drift wood there is a shop in richmond hill that sells drift wood. It is off of highway17 its called coastal aquarium. Pretty nice store. THe petsupermarket has some nice fish and the tanks are cleaner then at petsmart. Its in the same shopping center as chillis and moes and i think their is a radio shack over their. Exotic underworld is deff. overpriced but that that is the coolest store to look at some of their display tanks. THey also have some nice peacocks jsut really expensive.

THe best store though is the internet. And others locally that you can trade fish with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.