The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I have the light, and I was wondering if anyone setup the LED with different colors.

Anyone play around to see which color config is the best for lights?

No blue, no green, just the white and red? or ....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi Folks,

I have the light, and I was wondering if anyone setup the LED with different colors.

Anyone play around to see which color config is the best for lights?

No blue, no green, just the white and red? or ....
The yellow option is the best, since it incorporates all the color spectrum: red, white, blue, and green.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
^^ That's what the manufacturer recommends.

Also, if you want to use a ramp timer, you can't use custom colors anyway (only the preset ones on the remote), else funky things happen, like strobing, when the controller tries to dim the lights...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yellow option? you mean the yellow button on the remote? it has white and blue leds on though

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
yellow option? you mean the yellow button on the remote? it has white and blue leds on though
Yes, the yellow button on the remote control.

See this post from the manufacturer on the topic:

the 100% yellow isn't actually yellow, it's just all the LEDs turned up to the max (white, red blue and green) The color is perfect for planted tanks in my opinion and should be the "default FW setting." I love this light on my 16gallon bowfront and I'm gonna try one on my new 29gallon. I hope its enough light. Really interested in the "plant fixture."
JJBTEXAS hit the nail on the head for this one. "yellow setting" is actually the default setting and when you turn your light on for the first time, that should be the setting it's on. We designed it so that setting would be perfect for the planted tank. :smile:
Source: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3808593&postcount=13

Think of "yellow" as "natural sunlight mode": best for plants. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.