The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my satellite plus last month, anyone else having issues with condensation? I have the smallest 18-?" And upon removing it to upgrade from a 10g to a 29g I noticed the filter side of the light has fogged up and it dripped when I tipped it. Debating on returning it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
No problem on mine but it sits above a glass top. You say it's fogged on the filter side which sounds as though it's picking up spray from that source. Are you using a HOB filter and/or a bubbler of any sort? These things cause water to spray onto everything near them. Protect your light somehow from this or it will eventually fail.
I am assuming it hasn't yet failed. I doubt the distributor/mfgr is going to take it back due to water damage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using a tom canister filter that has a hob bracket. One small air stone and I'm assuming that they both are responsible. I may diy a sliding glass top as I've seen on here. Would help on evaporation too. Just set up the 29g today, dirted with the old gravel from my 10 as a cap and topped it all with black diamond blasting sand. I think I still have the option to return this light and maybe upgrade to a larger one as I'm not sure this one will give off enough light for the bigger tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts