The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
ive been wondering the same thing. looking to upgrade my t5HO soon. I really like all the bells and whistles that come with the sat + pro, but also like the finnex line. I just recently added a stingray to my 48 long 24 deep with my t5's and love the extra light and color the LEd's have made. now I want to go all LED. ive been tore between a satellite + pro, ray2, or planted +.

·
Registered
7 Posts
HERE YOU GO BUDS!
Satellite+ Pro Only

Ray 2 Only

Satellite+ Pro and Ray 2 On

As you can see the Ray 2 is significantly brighter. I leave both on. the nonce my baby tears fill in I'll just have the Sat on. I had the Ray 2 only for the beginning stages of my tank and it was growing/carpeting the Baby Tears beautifully. I'm eager to see how much they grow now with both on...I just feel like the Sat is a little too dim for my liking. I'm hoping I didnt program it right but who knows

·
Registered
138 Posts
HERE YOU GO BUDS!
Satellite+ Pro Only

Ray 2 Only

Satellite+ Pro and Ray 2 On

As you can see the Ray 2 is significantly brighter. I leave both on. the nonce my baby tears fill in I'll just have the Sat on. I had the Ray 2 only for the beginning stages of my tank and it was growing/carpeting the Baby Tears beautifully. I'm eager to see how much they grow now with both on...I just feel like the Sat is a little too dim for my liking. I'm hoping I didnt program it right but who knows
Sorry for bringing this up...but thank you very much. I was really torn whether I should bother getting the pro or just get 2 more of the ray 2 for a different plant setup. I care more about quantity than "features" ... and seems like 2 of the ray 2 are the same price as the single 24" plus pro in canada.

·
Registered
12,799 Posts
Sorry for bringing this up...but thank you very much. I was really torn whether I should bother getting the pro or just get 2 more of the ray 2 for a different plant setup. I care more about quantity than "features" ... and seems like 2 of the ray 2 are the same price as the single 24" plus pro in canada.
If you just want quantity..

http://www.aquatraders.com/LED-Aquarium-Lighting-EVO-Quad-Freshwater-Plant-p/56574p.htm

20W vs 84W.. same color rendering.. About the same price.. Better depth penetration..

·
Registered
138 Posts
21 - 27 of 27 Posts