The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I ordered an aquamaxx 10.8 gallon (40cm) from MarineDepot along with the new Kessil A80 Tuna Sun. This light is new and there is next to nothing out there yet so once I get the tank scaped and planted I will be doing a 30+ day timelapse so we can see how it does. This will be my first high tech tank and I will probably screw something up but I have been reading a lot so I'm hoping everything will work out as it should. Here are the build details thus far.

Aquamax 10.8 gallon low iron - 15.8"x12.6"x12.6"
Kessil A80 tuna sun with gooseneck- This should put the light around 14.5" from the substrate at it's lowest point
Pressurized co2 paintball tank - solenoid, bubble counter, rhinox atomizer, drop checker
Aqua soil substrate
Going to do EI dosing which is the only thing I haven't purchased yet
Finnex px360 canister- going to add some lily pipes once its up and running
Flora will be blyxa, pogostomon helferi, monte carlo carpet, Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini', and maybe a few others. I will be asking for help here once the hardscape is done.
Fauna will be CPD's or blue neons, Amano shrimp, ottos, and some crystal red or maybe yellow shrimp. I live near inverts by Mrs Jinxd so I can hit Rachael up and see what she has when I'm ready for fauna.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'm a little nervous about adopting this light so early on. The only review I've found on Amazon says it sucks but I'm skeptical as kessil usually means quality. I'm hoping to find a par meter locally I can borrow to get some numbers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts