The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I used to have this floater back in 2005 when I was breeding shrimp in my dorm room. I am looking to purchase for nostalgia purposes.

If you have this exact floater then let me know. I have two other Salvinias but have been looking for this specific one with no luck.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like salvinia minima. Plenty of users on this site have it. You should be brought back to your youth shortly. :)
It's definitely not Salvinia Minima...it's much larger and the hairs are very noticeable to the human eye. It does look like minima. I have minima and cucullata.

I really hope someone has this so I can go back to my youth! haha

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey where did you get culcutta from? I've been looking for that forever and can never find it!
I originally purchased it on aquabid but there are tons of people that carry it here. If you want to wait a few weeks I can give you some for free if you hit me up. I just threw a ton of them out and only have less than 5 plants left...but they multiply quickly.

Would have posted a week ago I had half a 55 gallon tank of this I just threw out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
LOL...see my above response. We all do that with floaters. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hey where did you get culcutta from? I've been looking for that forever and can never find it!
Option - I have this growing in my tank - and I will definitely need to trim it back after the holidays. I would like to get down to Win/Pacific after New Years and could meet you.

Hello. I used to have this floater back in 2005 when I was breeding shrimp in my dorm room. I am looking to purchase for nostalgia purposes.

If you have this exact floater then let me know. I have two other Salvinias but have been looking for this specific one with no luck.

thanks.
I can't help you with this one - but if you find it and have extra - let me know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts