The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the hubby locked the cat in the spare room by mistake for several hours (I was out with relatives). I came home to find the cat meowing and hungry, went to check on the MTS, and it was filled with poop and pee. I sifted the poop, but what can I do to get the urine out? Rinse and dry more often?

By the way, this is not funny, don't laugh.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Wouldn't drying the soil outside just leave the soil open for *every* cat in the neighborhood?

I keep wondering how everyone manages to leave the soil to dry for *weeks* and NOT wind up having every cat in a mile radius overjoyed at the new fresh drying dirt that someone so generously put out for all of them.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I have dried mine on a second floor deck, with no cats ever seen there. If I had it on the ground, it would take my neighbor's cat about 10 minutes to start using it. I adore the cat, but that would be a bit too much.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I just stored mine in 30 gallon rubbermaids and left them in my truck bed. I would fill half way with water and put the lid on when driving. Soak for a day, dump the water off and leave it to dry, stirring occasionally. When I would drive around I would just put on the lid so I didn't lose any. Otherwise it would take about a week to dry out again each time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.