The Planted Tank Forum banner

Salty Shrimp gh/kh not dissolving

377 3
Hi everyone
Just recently I started using SS gh/kh, It was at the beginning but after a couple of days it started to clump and harden, it's pretty obvious that the cause is humidity.
Now I have the problem in the title, for some reason, a little bit always remains undissolved. I let it sit in a bucket with a water pump but that doesn't help either. Now I'm thinking of using vinegar and baking soda to produce CO2 and carbonate some water but again I'm worried that some vinegar fumes might get into the water.
Is it ok if a little bit of vinegar gets into the water? Or is there any better ways?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
u need to leave the jar open a minimal amount of time and then close the lid (with the translucent inner lid included) tightly, else it will absorb water and clump over time.
Once it starts clumping in the jar, yes it becomes harder to dissolve.
I mix up my water change water in a 1 gallon water jug and that way I can shake it to help dissolve.

·
Administrator
17,852 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Once it starts clumping in the jar, yes it becomes harder to dissolve.
I mix up my water change water in a 1 gallon water jug and that way I can shake it to help dissolve.
Yeah, I'll try it.
Put it into a bag, seal it and crush it up into a powder again. Then take care to keep its container sealed tightly. Use silica gel packs to help with moisture absorption.
Thanks, will do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts