The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Equipment

10 gallon glass
Whisper hang on filter rated at 30 gallon and a Rio 50 powerhead with sponge attachment.
50 watt Ebo heater
65 watt PC 10,000k bulb

Livestock

20 lbs black live sand
5 lbs live rock
5 Thor amboinensis sexy shrimp
A few aiptasia
Caulerpas prolifera, brachypus and unknown small species
Red hair algae ( I am slowly getting rid of it except on the seawhip skeletons)
Some green bubble algae and a few odds and ends macros.

Dosing is 6-8 drops of Kent Marine iron with every water change.
Water changes are about 3 times a month about 15-20%

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been doing marine planted tanks since 2003 so I have had lots of different species of macro and 5 species of seagrass over the years. I love the macros and they make a beautiful setting to show off the sexy shrimp. Even though they are small they are my favorite species of SW shrimp because they are so outgoing and don't hide all the time.

Anyway this tank has been up since 2008 and has gone through a lot of changes. It used to have Blue-strip pipefish at one time.

Thanks for your comments.

Bruce

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a salt water tank? I'm confused. I've never seen anything like it before, and more specifically plants like those in a salt water tank.
Nothing to be confused about. It is SW with macro algae. Because I have a background in FW planted tanks which I have been doing since the 1960's I tried to make this tank look like a FW planted tank with shrimp.

Bruce

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.