The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Salt has its place in a everyday freshwater fish tank.
A planted tank isn't just an everyday freshwater fish tank though.

What you have demonstrated, is that opinions vary and the internet is full of opinions. Unfortunately - quite often opinions are based on a set of facts that have no value for someone else using a different set of facts.

The words that turn me off the entire site you mentioned are these:

"This is a technique that can be argued by the elite of
over-educated scientists, but it has worked for us for
2 decades, and we aren’t about to..."

What they aren't about to do is change their minds. Water chemistry and plant nutrient knowledge is advancing all the time. That's dogma not science. That a technique works for them is fine. Will it work for all the different water chemistry and substrate compositions used across the country? I don't think so.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It doesn't hurt, but most people don't bother with it.

Salt has its place in a everyday freshwater fish tank.
A planted tank isn't just an everyday freshwater fish tank though.

What you have demonstrated, is that opinions vary and the internet is full of opinions. Unfortunately - quite often opinions are based on a set of facts that have no value for someone else using a different set of facts.

The words that turn me off the entire site you mentioned are these:

"This is a technique that can be argued by the elite of
over-educated scientists, but it has worked for us for
2 decades, and we aren’t about to..."

What they aren't about to do is change their minds. Water chemistry and plant nutrient knowledge is advancing all the time. That's dogma not science. That a technique works for them is fine. Will it work for all the different water chemistry and substrate compositions used across the country? I don't think so.
Anecdotal evidence is great fun.

Plus, they sell the product.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.