The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SCAPE (Socalaquascapers.com) is a new Southern California Aquascapers (Planted Aquaria) club. We are in building stages and funds are very limited, so I have put together a sale to benefit the club. 100% go to the club fund, and the money has already been allocated towards a software web developement package.

So, we have the following items available, and I will accept offers on all of these, though I hope you remember that it's not just a sale, it's a way to help a new Local organization.

TOTAL RAISED SO FAR: $135

Out of that:
ADA Blackwood $50
Manzanita Branch #4 $25
Rocks set 1 - $35
Donations $25

NEW ITEM ADDED:

Driftwood set (used to be in my 20g tall tank) lays out pretty nice together. $25

Manzanita Wood ($25 per branch, by number, for size remember they are sitting on top of washer AND dryer) #4 is SOLD

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
If you filled a USPS 11"X8.5"X5.5" flat rate $8.10 box with large Moss Rocks, how many could you get in there, or what would be the total cost including continental US shipping? If you could show a few moss rocks layed over a ruler, that would be helpful. I hope this fund raising effort is worth the headache of shipping all these odd shape/weight items. thank you for your efforts, and good luck.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys, shipping Manzanita of that size is way too prohibitive, I am looking for mostly local buyers on this stuff. UPS charges by package size after a certain size, so it will cost more than the wood itself. Rocks I can ship, but they are a bit bigger than the flat rate box, I will see what I can do.

We are trying to fund a Vbulletin license and some very specific additions to it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How long is 3 from tip to tip? I need something like that to fit an 18 long.
IT's WAY too big for 18 long. Maybe a 60g long. It's about 4 feet.

The rocks are from NorCal, called Moss Rocks. The pics dont do them justice, these were the talk of the town at AGA this year. A few of us found them at a place there, and I think I am the only one in Socal with them right now. (as far as I know).

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
will you ship the rocks?

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I think the pallet that was shipped to the east coast was on the order of 1 ton. Ghori made sure that he had some of those rocks with him due to their character.

No pics of my tank at present. Was time for another rescape so the tank is in disarray at the moment.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah, that rock is amazing. Ghazanfar showed me the rock while we were out at the AGA, and we split up 2600lbs of this stuff between a few GWAPA members. It's great stuff. I don't know if these particular pieces have them or not, but some of my pieces have great little bubbles in them that my apistos are using for spawning sites. The rock has a lot of character. The blog that bigstick120 mentioned is mine. Feel free to puruse.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, that rock is amazing. Ghazanfar showed me the rock while we were out at the AGA, and we split up 2600lbs of this stuff between a few GWAPA members. It's great stuff. I don't know if these particular pieces have them or not, but some of my pieces have great little bubbles in them that my apistos are using for spawning sites. The rock has a lot of character. The blog that bigstick120 mentioned is mine. Feel free to puruse.
Kris, how did you and Ghori do on those? He make the money back yet? :) :) Poor guy, was sweating the whole time. Next time you see him, remind him he still owes me some cherry shrimp for all that taxying around :)

BTW, how was that wine you brought home?

Those rocks are amazing, I should have loaded a whole trunk on the way home. I could make a killing on these if I really tried, at this price it's not much just to move 'em and get some money for the Club.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.