The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please let me know if you have some nice Sakura Shrimp and can ship to the USA or live in the USA.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there any difference between them or are they actually the same?
I think they are both selectively bred cherry shrimp but with different names. I am not 100% positive, I have not done enough research or can't find enough info on these.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I took a look at my very best RCS and I have some that are very close. 3 solid blood reds and I also have some very solid more orangeish colored RCS. I have put them in a separate tank with a few males to see if I can get a high success rate of similar color. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I know exactly what your going through. I couldn't find any Sakuras or fire reds either and so in the end decided to import them directly from Taiwan. Here's a pic. I think most cherries get to a deep blood color as they age. The only difference between Sakuras and cherries is how early they get that color and the fact that Sakuras are more of a glowing red rather than dark red.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I read that they do not have a pink line down their back like my redder cherries have.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yep you got it. Their whole body is solid red. another difference I've found is that even though they are stressed from shipping the red is still pretty dominant across their body unlike cherries. It's been about over a week and their color has improved dramatically.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.