The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so sad.....the bad calls didn't help, but man, they just gave it up.
oh well.....better than we have ever done in my lifetiime....
Lets go, Indy! lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
They could've had all good calls and it wouldn't have mattered against the Bears D. :tongue:

That said, remember that the team that loses the League Championship one year is often very dangerous the next year.

I think the Saints will win it all next year.

Scott
Sanford, Maine

(Bear and Patriot fan)

·
Registered
439 Posts
it could have been a much better game for the saints. they just let chicago run the ball and break through the line over and over and over. The 'magical' 'katrina' shield the saints have worn all season came crashing down.

I rooted for the bears for the sole reason of having most of my family from the chicago area. and i love all things chicago.

My heart goes out to all those directly affected by the disaster in south central US, but the 'katrina comeback' malarky can only take you so far.

The better team always wins, the most prepared, the most trained, and worthy..those are who make it to the end of the road.

cheers,

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it could have been a much better game for the saints. they just let chicago run the ball and break through the line over and over and over. The 'magical' 'katrina' shield the saints have worn all season came crashing down.

I rooted for the bears for the sole reason of having most of my family from the chicago area. and i love all things chicago.

My heart goes out to all those directly affected by the disaster in south central US, but the 'katrina comeback' malarky can only take you so far.

The better team always wins, the most prepared, the most trained, and worthy..those are who make it to the end of the road.

cheers,
I was BORN in Chicago..but I grew up in New Orleans....and have been a near lifetime season ticket holder <yes I used to wear a paper bag to go to games>
I always root for the Bears...just not when the Saints have a chance. I have to say, Grossman does nothing for me....Brees is a much better athlete, he just didn't exhibit it today.

I would hardly call the Brees/McAllister/Bush trio a Katrina sheild....they just didn't click today...and cold/snow didn't help.
A lot of us lost everything during that storm...we needed the morale boost. <calling it Malarky is pretty insensitive>

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just checked the score...21-3 N.E. Ouch ! I'm rooting for Indy. A midwest Superbowl would be awesome ! I'll be honest, during the 3rd quarter, I thought the Saints would roll right through Chicago. I think Chicago stands a much better chance against Indy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey, I've got it tough. My two favorite teams are the Bears and the Patriots.

Of course I wasn't a Patriots fan in 1985,

s ;)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I was BORN in Chicago..but I grew up in New Orleans....and have been a near lifetime season ticket holder <yes I used to wear a paper bag to go to games>
I always root for the Bears...just not when the Saints have a chance. I have to say, Grossman does nothing for me....Brees is a much better athlete, he just didn't exhibit it today.

I would hardly call the Brees/McAllister/Bush trio a Katrina sheild....they just didn't click today...and cold/snow didn't help.
A lot of us lost everything during that storm...we needed the morale boost. <calling it Malarky is pretty insensitive>
I completely understand your side of the argument and why you feel the way you do. However, my 'shield' comment did not refer to the team itslef, but rather the media mumbo-jumbo that surrounded the entire Saints franchise deeming it 'the comeback', the 'redemption', the 'awakening', etc. etc.

To have the entire hopes and dreams of everyone affected by Katrina ride on the shoulders of the Saints organization is horse manure. This whole media blowout of the Saints have truly taken away from the true needs of New Orleans and its neighbors.

At this juncture, focus should not be upon a game of luxury (football), but should be on the uplifting of a devastated group of people.

Funnel that foorball money into public works and things would be much gravier.

cheers,

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm a Bears fan first, and a Miami fan second. You have no idea how painful it was to see the Pat's win the AFC title game in 1985 ouch. By default, I MUST root against the Pat's.

·
Registered
122 Posts
WOOOOO, DA BEARS :). We surely whooped the saints lol. Though Rex was really starting to get on my nerves lol. hmmm...lets see what happens with New England. This has probably been the best season for the bears since Mike Ditkah (or however you spell it)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just goes to show you that the QB isn't everything. Just to think a couple weeks ago Rexy had a 0.0 QB rating.

Blackeyes: Were you as nervous as I was during the OT against Seattle last week ? I thought I was going to have a heart attack :icon_mrgr

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I completely understand your side of the argument and why you feel the way you do. However, my 'shield' comment did not refer to the team itslef, but rather the media mumbo-jumbo that surrounded the entire Saints franchise deeming it 'the comeback', the 'redemption', the 'awakening', etc. etc.

To have the entire hopes and dreams of everyone affected by Katrina ride on the shoulders of the Saints organization is horse manure. This whole media blowout of the Saints have truly taken away from the true needs of New Orleans and its neighbors.

At this juncture, focus should not be upon a game of luxury (football), but should be on the uplifting of a devastated group of people.

Funnel that foorball money into public works and things would be much gravier.

cheers,
naaa....all the wrong people get the money....gotta buy gold teeth n stuff....
all of my family and friends are too busy working and rebuilding to scream for funds....so they get nothing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just goes to show you that the QB isn't everything. Just to think a couple weeks ago Rexy had a 0.0 QB rating.

Blackeyes: Were you as nervous as I was during the OT against Seattle last week ? I thought I was going to have a heart attack :icon_mrgr
LMAO, hahahaha you should see my paps, he had the football game on while he was working out and lol he was going crazy i thought he was going to keel over lol. I noticed he screams at the tv all the time which is funny :D

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
naaa....all the wrong people get the money....gotta buy gold teeth n stuff....
all of my family and friends are too busy working and rebuilding to scream for funds....so they get nothing.
Ain't that the damn truth.

The media and people of NO put waaaay too much faith into a freaking football team. Yeah it may have boosted their morale but what happens when they lose? Back to the gutters with the morale. A lot of people acted like the Saints were going to rebuild NO if they won the Super Bowl. Sorry bud, doesn't work that way.

IT'S A FOOTBALL TEAM. Shouldn't they be out trying to rebuild the city instead of wasting money on Reggie Bush jerseys?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Indy/28 Pat/28 now we have a game!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wooohooooo HOMEBOY! Manning going to the superbowl!!!
If the Saints can't I am sure glad to see my manning boy go. Yay!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts