The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are in the east central Illinois area be sure and check out Sailfin Pet Shop in Champaign. They are a good LFS with a wide variety of fish, plants and equipment. Just recently they got a couple of plant shipments and the new Coralife T5HO light fixtures. They even have Amano and red cherry shrimp. Here is a link to their web site http://www.sailfin.com/.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If Rachel isn't available ask for Spencer the assistant manager or John the owner. I'm going in there tomorrow night and will see if they have any Amano shrimp in stock.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just called them to see if they had any amano shrimp and the guy on the phone did not act like he had ever heard of them. Do you think it is worth the drive from Bloomington to check it out?
I was just at Sailfin and they only had a couple in stock. They are in one of the tanks on the last aisle with the glass catfish. They sell for $2.49 each.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Sailfin is a great pet shop. I use to drive from Bloomington-Normal area when I lived in IL. Now I stop in on my way back through from Indianapolis. Only pet shop I have ever found that will actually give 60% in store credit or 40% cash for fish you bring in(call ahead). Also, the people that work at Sailfin actually know quite a bit about fish and are extremely helpful, especially the owner. Check out their website(sailfin.com) and make sure to stop by on a weekend when they are having 25% off freshwater fish!

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
Great store.

Ive sold them several hundred African Cichlid fry, bought plenty of fish from them as well.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I agree it is a great store and for the most part the staff is very helpful and knowledgable. However, the past two or three times I have gone I have dealt with some of their new people who seemed to be talking out of their ass a lot. Also, the guy who is answering a lot of the phone calls is a newbie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.