The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I bought Sagittaria plants that were 1 feet in length, after a week or so the height started to decrease until the leaves become 4-5 inch in length. They were sending runners like crazy, some of the runners had 4 to 5 more runners it’s like holding hands and spreading but the height remained around 4 inches.

I threw the old ones and bought another bunch of Sagittaria but i am afraid the situation is repeating. I have cobamba, sword and one other plant, they grow really good .5 to .8 inch a day.

Lighting - 3 watts /g
DIY fertilizer
Yeast CO2
40 gallon tank

·
Registered
192 Posts
I believe I read somewhere that under higher light levels, Sagittaria tends to stay shorter, but grows taller under lower light levels. Maybe this is the case in your tank?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JRB77 thanks for your answer. After reducing the light my cobamba are much thicker spreading out, but before in high light they would just grow rapidly tall/skinny, and i have another plant dont have ID, its also growing thicker e.g. -- = stem & ( = leaves
Before -----(-----(-----(-----(-----(-----(
After --(--(--(--(--(--(--(--(--(--(--(--(--(--(--(--(

I think Saggitaria will grow as you told me.:bounce:

Thanks
Masud.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.