The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what is proven safe to provide my plants with healthy fertilizer and yet not harming my tiger shrimp? I have been using flourish nitrogen twice a week and flourish Iron once a week . I am using RO water adding mineral GH+. I found flourish excel killed my shrimp so I stopped using it. Should I be using sachem flourish ? don't I need phosphate?

·
Registered
274 Posts
You might post this over in the shrimp forum to get more direct folks to respond with suggestions. I actually don't dose in my shrimp tanks, but I just have java moss and fissidens, etc, and all seems to be fine without ferts.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
If the water perameters are vastly different for the Tigers don't go by this but I have RCS and use a modified version(just less of) of EI in my tank/w them and they are just fine about it. I also use Excel at double the recommnded rate in there. I started it at the recommended rate however.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
There are many that use CO2 and dose using EI methods with no issues. You can use Excel but I have only ever dosed once per week in my tanks and had no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts