The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, he sits up there all the time, sometimes some of his little minions sit with him till he tail bashes them off.

Well Anyway, i re-scaped my 72-gallon.

It was a forced re-scape because of these guys who get along nice now that I added three females. but they made the tank cloudy, oh well, no spike.

I took my huge alaskian rock and partially covered it in riccia to give it a bit of a test run. That rock is now the keeper of the gates to the cories resting place. I notices the cories liked either the wristeria or the rock so i moved the wisteria behind the rock.

Group shots!

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Er, that's a bit of GSA/GDA. What's your dosing schedule and lighting schedule? Let it grow for 3 weeks then wipe it off right before a WC.

You should separate the riccia more into flatter mats and tie it all down with mesh. It'll take the riccia forever to spread over the enture surface of the rock if grown like what you have there. =)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Er, that's a bit of GSA/GDA. What's your dosing schedule and lighting schedule? Let it grow for 3 weeks then wipe it off right before a WC.

You should separate the riccia more into flatter mats and tie it all down with mesh. It'll take the riccia forever to spread over the enture surface of the rock if grown like what you have there. =)
I do not want it to spread over the rock, the look I have there is the look I want. Though I want it to be more bushy and uniform looking then its current chopped up look.

the algeas are due to three weeks of neglect. without college I am a lazy wreck but college keeps me on schedule so over the past three days I ave fixed all my tanks up. the algae on the back does not bother me much. I will probably razor blade th stuff off the glass some day but like i said I kind of fancy it there. :icon_mrgr

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks good. What are the plants and fish?
Not really sure when to comes to plants.

Umm.. i think it is these though.

Dwarf Chain sword
some kind of dwarf sag
water Wisteria
Riccia
Duckweed
Hornwort
amazon sword
Ocelot sword
giant hygro
some kind of red/pink hygro

As for Fish i know those a lot better.

4 Pearl Gouramis (1M, 3F)
6 SAEs
25-30 Black Neon Tetras (lots of males (tiny) dozen or so females (big beauties) )
10-15 Schwartz Cories. (they stay small-ish, don't worry)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts