The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can someone post a pic of what a saddled cherry shrimp looks like as one of mine has what looks like the yellow area in her body but I cant be sure and its really hard for me to get a pic.It defo looks different to the other day and the other cherrys.Only thing is I'm pretty sure I dont have any males as they are all very red.Do they store sperm or could one of my rainbow shrimp have bred with the cherry?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow watch out or he will put a curse on you for posting that pic here!!!

Thanks though its maybe not then, mine doesnt look that full.The saddle bit is maybe half that(vertically).

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually looking at it I think it may be a saddle.I'll try and get a decent pic.

·
Registered
477 Posts

Here is a not so clear picture of one of my saddled RCS. You can clearly see the 'saddle' though. Sometimes, the saddle can be green, too.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
shed of what?

I hardly notice my shrimps molting much but they seem to be berried quite often. I just leave them to themselves to do their own thing.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I know mine molt between breedings, but I've never noticed if they do while they're holding eggs or not. I don't think so.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
So she will she be berried on her next shed or what?
Most likely, female shrimp mate right after they shed if their eggs are mature enough. By the looks of it yours should have some eggs after its next molt.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Most likely, female shrimp mate right after they shed if their eggs are mature enough. By the looks of it yours should have some eggs after its next molt.
thanks so does that mean she doesnt already carry the males sperm cos I dont think I have any male cherrys left.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
thanks so does that mean she doesnt already carry the males sperm cos I dont think I have any male cherrys left.
You'll need a male...
Cherries don't store sperm so they must mate with each clutch of eggs.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts