The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited Exotic Aquarium, at Martin Luther King and Franklin, today. Great store! I actually went there to ask them to display a flyer about our new Sacramento Aquatic Plants Society, which they immediately did. Then I browsed. This is a very large store, with more tanks for fish and plants for sale than I have ever seen in one building. Not all of the tanks were occupied, and the care of the plants was not the best, but the selection of fish was out of this world, and the plant selection was probably the best in the area. They do have CO2 injection in their plant tanks, but none of the plants looked very robust.

I purchased a small pot of Marsilea quadrifolia, which had more dead plant than live, but I got about a dozen nodes from it, and the price was only $5. I asked them where they kept the Seachem fertilizers - none there, but they say they will look into it. They also had no commercial substrates, and I didn't see any rocks or bogwood, but I may have missed it.

The selection of tanks, filters, pumps, powerheads, and almost every other imaginable piece of equipment, including lighting supplies, was extremely good, even though CO2 equipment was not included. And, they were moderately busy for a mid week, mid day visit.

I will return there soon, probably to get an Ancistrus fish, of which they had a variety.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was just there on Monday, and I agree, it's one of the largest selection of tanks I've ever seen in one shop. I'm just getting back into this hobby and picked up a 72 bow front, 4x55 light, and a couple bags of sand. The prices were competitive also, and way better than Capitol.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the PlanedTank forum! I hope we see you at the Sacramento Aquatic Plants Society meeting in March.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Alright! I'm glad to hear that they're getting up and going again. When I visited right after the move they didn't have very much in stock. I always enjoyed their store on Florin, and the prices on tanks and equipment are by far the best in Sacramento.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts