The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sacramento Aquarium Society meets at 7 PM on the first Saturday of each month. Meetings typically include a guest speaker, a bowl show, and a fish and aquarium supply auction.

This month's speaker is:
Phil Farrell "Collecting Saltwater Fishes in the Carribean"

Meeting Location
Round Table Pizza
9500 Greenback Lane
Folsom, CA

We usually have great things on auction and on the raffle table too! Come check it out! :)

The club's website is:
Sacramento Aquarium Society

Tina

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I have been wondering if it would be worth going to one of their meetings. I may be there Saturday too. It looks like their emphasis is on anything but aquatic plants, so I haven't paid any attention to them before.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We often have plants on auction though, our last speaker was on plants and I've heard he had some left over that may end up at this auction (since he left to go back to Australia).

Tina

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I've debated going to that before, but kind of shyed away since I'm not really into marine tanks/fish. I used to work at a LFS and met the treasurer/photographer guy a few times. Seemed real nice and encouraged me to go, but...eh. He seems really into breeding angelfish. I joined SFBAAPS simply b/c the emphasis is on aquatic plants.

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Well, we may want to do a local Sac central valley plant group, there's at least 6 folks locally and a simple plant swap or going over the routines can help folks.

All you need is a meeting place like a pizza joint, a web forum(I have one on my site if needed) to talk.

Not much really.

Sacramento aquatic plant society

SAGS

Well, hopefully not:icon_eek:

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
At one time it was possible to search the membership list here by city, and when I did, I was astonished at how many of us there were from Sacramento. But, I can't seem to duplicate the search anymore. In any case we should have enough to support a SAPS group (how about RCAPS instead - River City Aquatic Plant Society?). So, who wants to grab that ball and run with it?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Hoppy, I'd be up for that. A local plant club for Sacramento and surrounding areas is what people have been hoping for, I'm sure. Driving for meets in Sunnyvale or San Jose is a lot of time and gas money. I'd be up for helping in any way I can in setting up a Sac plant club. hmmmm. SAPS (Sac Aquatic Plant Society) or SVAPS (Sac Valley AQ Plant Society).
Why don't we give it a try? Nothing to really lose.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Our local plant group came about from the fish society meetings GPASI. A bunch of the hard-core plant addicts decided to start having plant meetings, thus PAPAS was born. I wouldn't throw out the idea of going to the meeting this weekend....there may be a bunch of "closet" plant geeks waiting for an opportunity.....not to mention we are still active in our fish club, and the interest in plants has climbed dramatically since we started getting more involved.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts