The Planted Tank Forum banner

S+/ SS CRS not breeding??

1586 Views 14 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  CPD
So I have had these guys for 4 months now and although they are with A class Crs which are breeding like crazy I have yet to see any of my S+ and SS berried. Tank Parameters are as follows:
pH:6.8
GH:6
KH:0
TDS:170
TEMP: 21 Celsius/ 70 Fahrenheit
Nitrates, Nitrites, Ammonia: all zero

Thank You in advance,
Brendan
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That rock is actually the styrofoam background that came with my fluval ebi. :p they are the same size as my adult and breeding A/B class CRS if that's any help. I do 15% water changes every two weeks or depending on how many berried shrimp I have. If I were to guess a size I'd say 1/2 an inch and a little bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol. My experience with styrofoam in a shrimp tank was not a good one. There could be chemicals from the foam that may (or may not) leach into the water column. I'm not saying that's your problem, but if it were me, I would not use it.

If they're only 1/2" in size, they're still sub adults which are almost ready for breeding, but not quite yet. Give em another molt.
Ok good to know. I just figured that since this kit was designed for shrimp everything should be shrimp safe but to be safe I might take it out before the next water change which could be the catalyst to some breeding. Thanks guys Everyones help is much appreciated!

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've used several of the Fluval Ebi kits - before moving up to a tank rack system with larger tanks - and the only issue I ever had was the foam staying in place. I had to add aquarium safe silicone to the back of the foam and re-attach it to the back of the cube. Other than that, I never had any issues with S+ and up shrimp. One of the tanks that I had in my office at work, I bred several hundreds of CRS and CBS. I started with 18 young adults, and it turned out to be a great success. I did do water changes of about 15-20% 2x a week with R/O re-mineralized water. Also, instead of the stock filter, I used an ATI sponge.
Also very good to know. I haven't had any issues with my background but I have more CRS coming in next week just in case I have all males

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.