The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been lurking for a while reading up on as much as I can setting up my 75 gallon planted aquarium. I love the detailed support you guys give to each other and I'm part of other forums of other hobbies so I know how helpful these discussions can be.

I'm keeping discus and other warm water fish in my tank so I have the temp at 82F and the ph around 6.4. I did a dry start with S. Repens and baby dwarf tears for about 1.5 months. It's been filled for the past 3-4 weeks and done great up until several days ago. My S. Repens and baby tears is now quickly dying and I don't know what to do. I think it may be that I treated the tank with oxytetracycline when my fish had an infection. But I did a 50% water change 3 days after I treated it because my fish started dying and it was too stressful on my tank. I only use RO water. My ammonia, nitrites and nitrates are good. I keep it fertilized using Thrive and Seachem Advance twice a week. It's also C02 injected and I have 2 light bars. I posted some pics below. I just don't know what to do. I'm doing another 25% water change today.

Any and all advice is appreciated!! Thank you

-Adam

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Following this, as my s. repens has been deteriorating slowly for the past couple weeks. I am getting some fresh new growth, but the larger leaves are starting to melt.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Since you dry started could be the plant just converting from emersed growth to submerged.
I've also noticed s.repens doesn't like compacted substrate. Mine dies back and I gotta really gravel vac the substrate and replant.
I'm using safe-t-zorb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.