The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 482 Posts

·
The Circumloctioner
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm waiting on a few more plants to arrive, but I'm hoping to get the Aquasoil in this weekend and start arranging Manzanita and some sweet Manten-like stones that I've got all over the place in my yard. The stand just needs the back attached and holes bored for filter and CO2 tubing.

Anticipation!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Can't wait to see your progress! Let me guess...i don't see any bags of substrate laying around...let me guess: you're using Colorquartz "Cayman Green!" :smile:

·
The Circumloctioner
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a sweet day-glo pink and yellow skull for my Jellybean Parrotfish to hang out in too!!! :icon_wink

It's actually going to have a Nile Sand foreground. I'll get some pics of it on the stand later this weekend. Still not sure I like the light sitting on the rimless tank edges... Might go with something different.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
:icon_lol:
I got a sweet day-glo pink and yellow skull for my Jellybean Parrotfish to hang out in too!!!
Thanks alot "showoff" now you make me want to go and buy stuff too! I must resist, must resist:help:

Oh yeah, hope all goes well with your tank:thumbsup:

·
HC 'Cuba' Guru
1,916 Posts
omg I almost had a heart attack when I saw all that delicious stuff. I'm expecting great things out of you bro, so the pressure is on!! :icon_twis

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
ADA is the apple computers of the aquarium world.. Neat packaging and expensive...
Although I don't personally own an ADA tank, I think they're quite astounding...I think the ADA product line--in many instances--is more than just witty marketing or "neat packaging," but I can definitely see where you're coming from. And remember: you get what you pay for (usually).

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Nice, I am assuming that is a 60cm, you will truly
enjoy it.
I have a 60cm and a 120P, so I am set for life.

I would have got the V5 instead of V3 though.
What kind of light system is planned?

·
The Circumloctioner
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice, I am assuming that is a 60cm, you will truly
enjoy it.
I have a 60cm and a 120P, so I am set for life.

I would have got the V5 instead of V3 though.
What kind of light system is planned?
It is indeed 60cm. I got the V3 based on the ADA catalog recommendations, I think it'll be just fine. In my 20L, the intake reaches down pretty far and I'm constantly cleaning hairgrass and other crap off of it. Right now the lighting is a 130W Coralife, but like I said before, I'm not crazy about having the light sit directly on the rimless tank. It doesn't leave room to raise the Lily for aeration. You might see the light on the S&S very soon... If anyone reads this and is interested, shoot me a pm.

Thank you all for your comments! I should be in the basement putting the finishing touches on the stand:icon_roll

·
Registered
224 Posts
I wonder how much it cost you to take that picture? :thumbsup::eek5:

1 - 20 of 482 Posts