Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most of the plants here need specialized care and some space:
--> Please post/PM your tank size, lights, CO2 or no CO2
--> RAOK closes this Fr at 6pm PST
--> Plants ship Sat morning with no waranties
--> $7 PayPal shipping

Please let me know if you do not want a specific plant or need higher/lower quantities of others:

~6 R. macrandra (really nice, ~8"++))
~6 R. roundifolia (~4"+)
~3 R. magenta (multi-branched, ~10")
~3 R. 'Bangladesh' (~6"++ single stems)
~2 Hygrophila corymbosa Angustifolia (~8"+)
~2 Water Sprite (smaller)
~1 sandwich bag of Ricca mat
whatever else I fish out (HM, S. repens, E. Angustifolia 'Vesuvius' runners, etc) :icon_evil

I still cannot count... Just did a partial trim of macrandra (don't expect to get it all :)). Hopefully it does not melt, as rotalas love to do:

All plants come from here:

·
The Security Dude
4,336 Posts
I am running a 55 gallon community planted tank. It is a MGOCPS mixed with ecco-complete, capped with a white pool filter sand top! I am at 3.9 watts a gallon using a Odessa 48" quad 54w setup with 2 plant grow 6500 bulbs and 2 10k daylight bulbs. So I do get a good par. I am dosing co2 at 30 min before and after lights at 3-4 bps with a 20LB bottle. Doing a modified ei dosing with extra iron and a little extra phosphates. I have Osmocoat root tabs all over as well as excel dosing.

I would love this roak as I just rescaped for my new fish and gave a bunch of my plants away to make swimming room, and added room for new plants!

Thanks for the great roak

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
65 Posts
Response to RAOK

Tank 1.

20 Long / 2 GroBeam 500s / MTS capped with Eco-Complete / RODI water / Dose with flourish / No CO2

Tank 2. (Not yet set-up)

60 gallon / 2 GroBeam 500s and 2 48" T5HO / MTS capped with sand (probably) / RODI water / Dose with flourish / 5lb CO2 (I have the system its just not set-up on the 20 Long)

If I'm selected please provide as many runners as E. Angustifolia 'Vesuvius' as you can spare. The plants will be well taken care of!!

Thanks, Cory

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 55 gallon with moderate lighting. Its an aquaticlife 2x54w bulbs, i dont have co2 in this tank

I also have a 20 tall, also moderate lighting with 2x24w bulbs, and dont have co2 on this either.

thanks for the awesome RAOK!

·
Registered
259 Posts
tank- 55 gal with odyssea quad (212 watts of T5 HO :p) running co2 now half hour before lights on and an hour before lights out. Iv been trying to find some cool stem plants for my tank and here they are. Iv been trying to get my tank HEAVILY PLANTED and here i have a bit of everything. I am also dosing ei method withh micro macro and calcium nitrate.
thanks fo this ROAK! :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ok sooo, I have a 40b with high light, 3x 6500k CFLs and a 24" dual light strip with two 18w tubes, and I dose Seachem Flourish. I do have Paintball co2, and I usually do 3 to 4 bubbles per second.

I would definately love to have all of them (if you can of course) for some more color and variety!

Awesome RAOK btw

Attachments

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
Redoing my ADA 60-P Sunday, I could definitely use these plants!!!

ADA 60-P
Finnex Ray 2 DD
Pressurized co2
Rootmedic Macro and Micro
Aquasoil Amazonia NEW + powder

thanks for a great RAOK!
good luck everyone! :)

·
I don't do this anymore
651 Posts
What a fantastic RAOK! I'll see if I can get some pics up this afternoon as well.

Tank #1:
Size: Standard 10 gallon tank
Lighting: http://www.menards.com/main/lighting...091-c-6356.htm
Substrate: Cheap Walmart black gravel
Inhabitants:
Fauna: Breeding colony of Red Cherry shrimp
Ramshorn and pond snails
Flora:
Small, pitiful portion of Flame moss (Will be attached to wood soon)
Micro Sword
Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Bronze'
Cryptocoryne Spiralis
Rotala Rotundfolia
Moneywort
Clinopodium Cf. Brownei (Probably don't see that every day...)
Brazilian Pennywort
Subwassertang
(Used to be a living plant) Cholla wood
Fertilizers: N,P,K, and Micros
Filtration: Aqueon 10 Quietflow
Heater: Tetra 50w heater
CO2: None

Tank #2:
Size: Standard 10 gallon tank
Lighting: Same as previous 10 gallon
Substrate: Black sand
Inhabitants:
Fauna:
Male veintail betta
Pest snails
Flora:
Ludwigia 'Cuba'
Ambulia
Green Cabomba
Rotala Colorata
Soon-to-be-thrown-out Java moss
Marsilea Minuta
Fertilizers: N,P,K, and micros
Filtration: AquaClear 20
Heater: none
CO2: None, but I hope to set up my paintball CO2 system soon here

Tank #3:
Size: Standard 55 gallon tank
Lighting: Coralife T5 fixture with a Colormax (27w) and a full spectrum (54w) bulb.
Inhabitants:
Fauna:
3 Platies
2 Zebra Danios
4 Neon Tetras
2 Peppered Corydoras catfish
2 Bronze Corydoras catfish
2 Zygatus Corydoras catfish
1 Clown Loach
1 Bolivian Ram cichlid
1 Angelfish
Pest snails (Soon to be RAOKed to puffer owners
Flora:
Household Ivy
Massive Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'Bronze'
Substrate: Natural colored gravel
Fertilizers: None, but a root tab for the Crypt is in place.
CO2: None

Thanks for the RAOK!

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Redoing my ADA 60-P Sunday, I could definitely use these plants!!!
I bet you can do 60P 100% in macrandra and make it look good.
I was tempted with mine...

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
I bet you can do 60P 100% in macrandra and make it look good.
I was tempted with mine...
hhah maybe a 60-p in all rotala only! :)

I have a hard time keeping tanks plain and simple.
they end up with a tons of different plants haha

i'm going try though!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Great ROAK! But I wouldn't be able to properly care for these plants, I run low-maint low-tech set ups.

·
Welcome to Algaeville
161 Posts
I would only need Rotala Rotundifolia for:

• ADA 60P
• 36W CF Archaea light - 10 hours/day
• Amazonia Aqua Soil
• Pressurized C02 - 1 bubble/sec with Atomic c02 diffuser (less than I ran with glass diffuser)
• EI Dosing (dry)
• 80° temp

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I'm only interested in the macrandra.

I'm dry dosing EI on my 75, have a 4 bulb t5ho light on a timer so that I get about 10 hours of light on it with 2 bulbs, and then run the other 2 bulbs for 4 hours in the midday.
My temp likes to hover around 78-80 year round. I have eco-complete as my substrate.
Sadly, no co2 yet but that hasn't been stopping the other plants, and I plan on having a shiny new co2 system no later than christmas time.
I have been having luck with other stem plants like various ludwigia and rotala, and hygrohilias.
I also have another tank that is a 5.5 gallon dirted tank with a rayII led light on for 10 hours a day. I have yet to dose ferts simply because the dirt is brand new and things are growing out of control as it is. No algae though, not a single spec visible to the naked eye.
If I got the macrandra, I'd split it between the two tanks most likely. I've never really had a good amount of the plant to get me started so my luck has been lackluster, and I really want a new batch to help bring my tank alive with color.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I could really use the Rotala macandra and magenta for my very sparse 20 Long. It has a Catalina T5HO, 5lb CO2, EI dosing and aquasoil substrate. I only have Syngonanthus belem and Staurogyne repens in there (and some rhizomal plants).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts