The Planted Tank Forum banner

Rotala Verticillaris

4705 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  tazcrash69
This has to be the biggest Rotala sp. Its about 2~2½" wide with a main stem similar in size to that of a Ludwigia Pantanal, Pogo stellatus etc. Its a not a super fast grower neither is it slow, seems just about the right pace IMO. Its an easy one to grow and likes lot of Co2 and takes on a really cool whorl!

Some pics of it

See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I have it currently under Med lighting and it grows just fine.
I like that I wish I had some of that in my tank. Well I want some of everything in my tank also.
Is that one of the elusive "soft water" plants I can never grow with my plain old tap water:icon_wink?
Madfish said:
I like that I wish I had some of that in my tank.
It should be readily available in time.....

loachlady5 said:
Is that one of the elusive "soft water" plants I can never grow with my plain old tap water?
It prolly is but cannot confirm for sure and I don't have an extra tank to test it. I do know like most of the more finicky Rotala's it like lots of Co2.

The pic's really does not do it any justice....it really is awesome looking up close!
Nice looking plant. Funny I just bought 3 bunches of Pogo. stellata just to take up some room in the 125. Maybe a few stems of this to help, and add contrast. Thanks for posting, time to research sine my water is very hard.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.