The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some photos of Rotala Thailand vs. Vietnam. I have been growing them in the same tank to see if there were any differences. Looking at the plants as individuals in a blind test showed that they looked almost the same. There were too many variables if plants were also grown in 2 different tanks. Hope that these photos will clear up some question.

Rotala Thailand on top. Rotala Vietnam on the bottom.

Rotala Thailand on the left. Rotala Vietnam on the right.

Basically, I only saw color difference. R. Thailand showed more red than R. Vietnam. Now I just need them to grow emerged to see them flower.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
I found that Rotala sp. 'Thailand' was a little more picky for me than Rotala sp. 'Viet Nam'

The one from Thailand would stunt when the one from Viet Nam still flourished.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I REALLY hate to bump such an old thread but is thailand still around? I'm looking at what I've been calling vietnam and thinking its not vietnam. I thought perhaps it might be wallichi but the wallichi I have growing next to it is pinker where as what I have as vietnam is more orange like.

I recently got a stem that looks like textbook vietnam (green leaf red stem) and if it doesn't change to look like what I've been calling vietnam then I'm thinking what I had been calling vietnam is really thailand.

But is thailand even in circulation anymore?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.