The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rotala is throwing crazy aerial roots and curling back down towards the substrate. The tank is a 10g (pretty new) high tech with a light green drop checker and a chihiros wrgb ii at 100% for about 8 hrs a day. Substrate is a combo of fluval stratum and brightwell Rio escuro. I have been dosing flourish and excel, excel bc I've had a little algae. I have a bottle of thrive coming in today that I will start dosing. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Registered
My rotala is throwing crazy aerial roots and curling back down towards the substrate. The tank is a 10g (pretty new) high tech with a light green drop checker and a chihiros wrgb ii at 100% for about 8 hrs a day. Substrate is a combo of fluval stratum and brightwell Rio escuro. I have been dosing flourish and excel, excel bc I've had a little algae. I have a bottle of thrive coming in today that I will start dosing. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
probably too much light. also try planting them closer together.

Registered
That is a short tank for how strong that light is, perhaps run it at 60-80%? Do you have any algae issues?

If the plants are near the top, they might just need to be trimmed. If the roots are near the middle reaching down, that is normal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.