The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some Rotala Nanjenshan in my tank and after trimming it doesnt really seem to send shoots. I have very hard water, although I do not know the measurements. Has anyone else had trouble growing it in fairly hard water?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I used to use 100% tap water which is considered very hard here in CA and had grown Nadjensan fairly well. This plant needs medium to highlight conditions and lots of C02 to flourish. Later on, I tried to soften my water by combining my tap with RO water by buying 5 gallons form local Glacier vendo machines. I did this for my shrimps and not for my plants. Regular trimming should also encourages growth and produce side shoots.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, I used to grow it like a weed...now my other plants are flourishing (rotala rotundifolia, blyxa japonica, HC, red tiger lotus, dwarf hairgrass, ludwigia cuba) but where I trimmed my nanjeshan it just isnt really growing, and I am losing some lower leaves/needles as if it were wallichii which I cannot grow at all. I have a 20g high, pressurized co2, and 2x24 t5ho...weird

1 - 3 of 3 Posts