The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought two small bunches of this from Petland. Typically I don't buy from there because the plants always look rotten but, this was a fresh shipment.

My problem is that the plants are growing but, the old leaves seem to be malnourished or something, they're turning transparent. The new leaves seem to be okay but, it's possible that the same is happening to them as well. It's odd though because the plants are still growing about an inch a day. They're not planted too close together either, couple inches inbetween each stem.

20watt 6500k sprial CF bulb over a 1.5G. Eco-complete as the substrate, excel and flourish are the only things Im dosing. I've been doing frequent water changes because the water has been filmy at the top and kind of cloudy. No fish or shrimp in this tank. No filter or heater either although the house doesn't get that cold at night.

Oooooor is it normal for the old leaves to do this when brought home from the lfs? I know I know, I need to get the greg watson ferts but, I have to find someone with paypal or a credit card that I can give cash to purchase them for me.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i second the question! my hygrophilia compact is doing the same! my pogo that ''passed away'' did it, also so i dont have to start a new post my lotus is getting holes in it ! what is going on with that ?

i have pressurized co2 3 bps, i have a dual 54 watt t5 HO light , and a triple tube flourescent. heated! 80 degrees, dual aquaclear 110s for filterization, and i also use sera root tabs once every 2-3 weeks

jordan

·
Registered
234 Posts
Bump! Help!

·
Registered
234 Posts
i bought my hygro compact from the lps where i work , it was there for a week and half before i bought it and we still have one that is fine and its been atleast 2 months

jordan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.