shipping - $7

i'll tell you when i'm out.

probabaly about 30 stems total.

thanks

-Han

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Would love to get some Stargrass, but $7 is out of my budget. Are there any cheaper shipping options you could provide?

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PM me please.

And sorry no i'm not going first class live plants. Unless it was like moss.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If you're worried about them being crushed I find a rather cheap and reliable method of shipping first class is to use a Tupperware container + tape and newspaper. The total (depending on postage) is usually half the cost of a small priority.

Thanks regardless!

·
The Security Dude
4,336 Posts
But then you are out tupperware... I agree as I have had to many plants show up no good going 1st class. As well I have made the mistake shipping first class and having to refund or reship on complaints... Have to understand priority is to protect your investment and the shippers.... 3.00 extra for a great product that would be more is well worth it!

Wish I had room, great roak H4N

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But then you are out tupperware... I agree as I have had to many plants show up no good going 1st class. As well I have made the mistake shipping first class and having to refund or reship on complaints... Have to understand priority is to protect your investment and the shippers.... 3.00 extra for a great product that would be more is well worth it!

Wish I had room, great roak H4N
+1, your right!

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
$3 extra I can't afford to let go; (severely limited budget) if I spent the extra $3 here I wouldn't be able to spend it somewhere else! I gotta squeeze every penny because I'm not blessed with stable or disposable income.

Which is why I can't get in on this awesome ROAK! But thanks regardless!
On a side note, I don't think ANYONE expects a DOA guarantee on a ROAK, I sure don't.

I've always shipped plants First Class using the old Tupperware method, given that they're 3 boxes for $1 and come in a variety of lengths it is superior to Sm. Priority. There is nothing my method doesn't provide that a Sm. Priority box does, in fact, I have more shipping space not using the box. Also, the Tupperware is sturdier than the cardboard box!

When it comes down to it, using Sm. Priority boxes are just a waste of your money. Other methods work better in terms of reliability and cost efficiency, the only thing I can think of that a Sm. box has over this method is convenience, you don't need to pack anything; just seal and toss it in.

Now when you get into the medium boxes, that's when I prefer to use Priority.

Unless the buyer prefers Priority, I will not use it for smaller shipments, I save myself and the buyer shipping costs and can still provide a DOA guarantee with peace of mind knowing that it most likely won't be my fault if it DOA's, usually the temperatures'. I haven't had any complaints about dead plants, snails, or Neos.

Anyways, don't get annoyed by my prattling, I was just looking to get that awesome Stargrass, was hoping I could change your mind, but I think it'd be too much of a hassle for you to run out and get Tupperware. :(

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stargrass all gone, still got about 10 stems of R. Colorota left.

Small flat arent a waste of money, if it was no body would be using them.

Sure you can first class and then what happen when it take 7 days to get to someone?
I know sometimes its quickier or the same as priority but not always.

·
I don't do this anymore
651 Posts
Dang it. Missed it by just a few hours. Hopefully you'll have another RAOK with Stargrass again soon. I'll be lookin'.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I agree H4n, when shipping cross country Priority is definitely better because it gets there faster, but First Class beats Priority when shipping local. Especially if it costs less and is as reliable.

I've NEVER had a First Class shipment take more than 4 days, and have not been on the receiving end of such a delivery. (But then again I don't ship across the country using First Class)

If it takes a whole week, it's probably the carrier's fault, as First Class is specifically labeled for delivery within 3 days, (same as Priority) or so the USPS website says.

But enough of that, let's just agree to disagree. We have all had different experiences and it's hard to say that one thing is concrete over the other.

When do you think you'll have more Stargrass? :icon_smil

·
Registered
66 Posts
I received my package last night. The stems were in great shape. I just want to thank Han for doing this great RAOK. It is much appreciated my friend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts