The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of buying the package deal that is being offered by RootMedic. At first I just wanted root tabs and buy dry fertilizers somewhere else, but the package deal changed my mind, especially with the 30% off coupon.

1) So my question is, do I have to dose for all 29 gallons or only the amount of water being changed (50% or 15gallons)? The directions in the website says 1 pump for every 5 gallons of water.

2) How much liquid comes out per pump?

3) How long would a 500ml bottle last me in a 29g tank? My tank is under 2x24w T5HO lights and DIY CO2 (2x2L bottles). It's not heavily planted, but I am waiting for the plants to fill it up. So I am guessing 2 doses per week would suffice for now, and 3 later on.

4) My tap water has a gH of about 2 degrees. Would the calcium in the micro bottle supply enough calcium for plants (mainly swords) and shrimps?

5) How does the micro bottle compare to the Plantex CSM+B and gH Booster?

By the way, I am using Kent Marine Pro-Plant and Kent Maganese and Iron for my micronutrients and the RootMedic fertilizers seem superior.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
You would dose for the entire water coloumn. If your tank is 29g you would dose 5 or 6 pumps.

Craig

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
You'd dose for 29 gallons. You don't have to change 50% with this method though. 25% is good enough.

The micros are more "complete" than CSMB, you will not need gh booster, ime.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts