The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Currently, as my tank is a low light/non CO2 20G, I only dose Excel and Flourish Comprehensive.

Tank Parameters and Flora
20G
48W PC bulbs about 26" off substrate
No CO2, dose Excel and Flourish twice a week with 50% water changes weekly

Flora: Bronze wendtii, amulbia, crypt parva, wisteria, anarchris and picking up some elatine triandra this weekend.

My question is regarding root tabs...would they provide any noticeable benefit to my rooted plants?

Also, I'm in So cal, SCAPE's domain and a couple members sell these suckers for something like 50 cents each. I PM'd them regarding what exactly is in their root tabs (no replies yet) but in general, are homemade root tabs trustworthy or would you recommend going to brand names?

Any input is welcome, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
16,943 Posts
I use Osmocote Plus gelcaps (and sell them - for zilch on the profit front, sadly in the SnS, though this is not an advertisement for you to order from me) in a similar set up and have had good success. I always recommend buying some gelcaps and Osmocote and making your own-- or buying from the forum. It's a great way to start.

If you want to get really fancy and spendy, RootMedic stuff is pretty much the best I have *ever* used.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if gelcaps and Osmocote are variations of root tabs but I think I may go ahead and purchase them. Since I'm trying it out, I'll stay local for now and see how it goes but for your help, I will consider your gelcaps and Osmocote.

Edit: I'm going to pick up some Osmocote tabs this weekend. Thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.