The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Amazon Sword - 1 large(ish) plant. Leaves are mostly around 10" long, with a few longer, and a few shorter ones at the base. I'd estimate there are 25 to 30 leaves; it's taking up a healthy portion of a 10g tank. Pearls all the time, and something tells me that it has a huge root mass.
Aponogeton Crispus - Decently sized, 10-15 leaves maybe 8-10"; it's hard to tell because they curve quite a bit. Should grow quickly if it has more room than it has in my tank right now.

Free if you want them - a few (not many!) small stems of anarchis and/or hygrophilia polysperma sunset. Think of these as a bonus, not part of the package, and you won't be disappointed.

I don't think the sword will fit in a priority mail envelope, so shipping will be $9.00 for the priority box and to cover paypal fees. I will ship Monday or Tuesday next week (April 9/10). PM me for a paypal address.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know these aren't rare plants, but they're pretty large, especially the sword. It would look great in a 20 gallon or larger tank. I just cut the price, I think this is a good deal. Pictures on request.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Just fyi, for future reference, there is a $4.05 flat rate priority box. It's more cube shaped.
I've found that long plants don't ship well in those. Leaves/stems end up damaged due to folding and rough handling.

There are longer boxes but will have to be ordered, probably cost more. I received some long plants in a USPS shoe shipping box before. Works wonderful (a bit more expensive).

·
Registered
734 Posts
ALL priority mail boxes are free at the post office. If they are not in the racks for the taking, just ask the clerk. Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
ALL priority mail boxes are free at the post office. If they are not in the racks for the taking, just ask the clerk. Hope this helps someone.
Not true in all places. A lot of post offices do not keep priority mail boxes. My post office only has ONE size (other than the flate rate). They only have other boxes when a customer drops extras off. Boxes are still free but they aren't always available.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
wow that pretty unsafe, i bet there are 10,000 people ordering each second... how are they gonna process that, and plus why would they give free boxes

·
Registered
734 Posts
Probably because it's against the law to use the boxes for anything other than priority mail shipping - and I know MY post office really cracks down on it - so I imagine that they all do because otherwise they would loose money and make our stamps cost more :frown:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts