The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never shipped any shrimp before. So I wanna give it a try and see how it works out. I dont want to give it to someone who has shrimp already. I want to give these to someone who wants to start out and see how they do and see how I do on shipping! They will shipped in a breather bag with some moss..
if anyone is interested in 10 shrimp, please let me know. shipping will be 6.00 priority shipping unless you want them sooner.

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
so far I have 2 packages being sent. I will let you know if I have a 3rd.......
Very great RAOK you got going on there Johnny. I commend you for it : )
PS: I have plenty RCS already, might consider doing what you do in the near future.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very great RAOK you got going on there Johnny. I commend you for it : )
PS: I have plenty RCS already, might consider doing what you do in the near future.
Thank You! its for me as well. I have never shipped any shrimp out so I wanna see if I do a good job. and I want to help a couple people out by getting them started and not paying a lot of money ( not that cherries are expensive)

·
2,606 Posts
Thank You! its for me as well. I have never shipped any shrimp out so I wanna see if I do a good job. and I want to help a couple people out by getting them started and not paying a lot of money ( not that cherries are expensive)
Either way, you are really nice to do so : )
As for the shipping part, try to make sure your area is 85F or below and the receiver's location is also 85F and below. They say you can ship in 90F weather, but if you think about it, its INSIDE a box, so chances are, the temp is much higher in there. At 90F outside, it could be 95F-ish in the box? That is what I am assuming, so for those who got the RAOK from you who are still experiencing 90F weather at this time of year, do tell them to expect some possible deaths?

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Either way, you are really nice to do so : )
As for the shipping part, try to make sure your area is 85F or below and the receiver's location is also 85F and below. They say you can ship in 90F weather, but if you think about it, its INSIDE a box, so chances are, the temp is much higher in there. At 90F outside, it could be 95F-ish in the box? That is what I am assuming, so for those who got the RAOK from you who are still experiencing 90F weather at this time of year, do tell them to expect some possible deaths?
Than You for the info! will def help! :)

·
2,606 Posts
If you have anysort of fourth package or just moss i am starting out with my first tank and my lfs dont sell CRS
I believe you meant your lfs dont sell "RCS"? They are totally look different as well as their cost : )

PS: I wonder why they don't though, I thought RCS is very standard in most LFS other than the main chains like Petco and Petsmart?

·
Banned
220 Posts
yes i meant rcs but my lfs do sell them but only on the off chance that you so happen to be there the one day they ge them, they fly off the shelfs like mad and they only order a few but i will check my local petco they have fliter shrimp there as well.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Johnny....... I PM'd you about getting a refund until I get my tank setup & cycled properly. Let me know, it would really help me out..... I was too quick & didn't think things out first, too excited...... Thanks

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I thought RCS is very standard in most LFS other than the main chains like Petco and Petsmart?
Out of all the LFS I have been to in middle and east side of TN, there is only 1 store that has them. One of the stores local to me told me he could get me RCS for about $13 each, I passed. One day I'll start my shrimp colony

·
Registered
278 Posts
Johnny
I PM'd you again. I changed my mind on the shimp, go ahead & ship them........ I've got a breeder net I'll keep them in inside my 30g tank until my 10g shrimp tank is ready. Let me know if this is a problem. Thank you

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.