The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this unit last Black Friday, instructions are garbage. Wondering about performance- I am unfamiliar with how these units perform overall and/or what to expect as it is my first one.

- running on municipal sourced well water:
ph usually 8.2
kh around 25deg
gh around 3deg
no raw input manual ppm reading

Usually running 20-30 gallons on a weekly basis, have changed the particulate filter once, charcoal will be done next particulate change. Up to a month ago the ppm output read 0, and lately ppm's gradually climbed up around 10...wondering what to expect with normal operation- I would think the membrane should last two+ years.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Your di ran out. I change all filters at 1 year and membrane at 2 years.
Di for me runs out in 2 months using 15 gallons a week. Di will run out faster with higher tds water.
Get a tds meter you can check your raw water vs what comes out of membrane vs what comes out of di.

I change my di before it shows 1 tds. If you get the color change stuff just switch out when there is about a inch left.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Looks like a solid unit....two upgrades you might consider

1. Water saver kit - basically a 2nd RO cartridge that sits between the output of the 1st RO cartridge and the DI resin canister....it'll effectively double your output and save on waste water
2. In-line pressure booster - low household water pressure results in low output...I boost my 30 psi household water up to 80 psi thru the RO unit

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I paid a little more due to waste water spec- but I see it does put substantial water down the drain. Can you link an add on RO unit. I didn't hard plumb it in as I don't trust those push lock fittings unattended. The unit does have a booster pump that pressurizes to 90-100psi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.