The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in an apartment and don't have a place to hook up an RO unit correctly; there's nowhere to put the faucet without drilling, etc. Obviously I don't want to drill any holes in the sink. I was wondering if I would be able to hook it up to my bathroom sink so that the cold water input ran directly into the RO unit instead of having a T hookup and then the output from the RO unit going directly into the cold water knob on the sink instead of its own faucet.

So, basically

cold water line → RO unit → cold water knob on the sink

instead of

cold water line ┬ cold water knob on the sink
. . . . . . . . . . |
. . . . . . . . . . └ RO unit → faucet, tub, etc.
(periods because it'll strip the spaces otherwise)

Is this possible/advisable? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Ya.. shocked is on track here with this. I have been an apt dweller for years myself and have had the same problem. After using a counter top RO system for about a year, i finally got fed up and switched my tanks back to tap water

but you can get adapters for most systems

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because I'd like to install a tank with it so I don't have to worry about filling a container. I will forget it. Plus it'd be nice to have for drinking water, too.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
16,945 Posts
Depending upon the filter system you've got, it may not be enjoyable as drinking water. That's something you'll want to consider.

Being in a rental, you'll also want to check with your landlord or management company before altering plumbing. That's why I suggested a faucet adapter. It's not much of a hassle to fill a container when you need it - just set a timer to go off to remind you to shut the water off. It's something you'd always want to monitor, anyway so nothing goes awry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.