The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know large Brute trashcans are popular for storing RO water, but do these have any volume markings showing how much water is being held? If not, does anyone know of any affordable containers that do?

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know. Reason why I want to know volume is for reference when remineralizing (knowing how much to add). Though I guess I could add a known volume and mark off the level on my own - any ideas on inert marking strategies?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Good to know. Reason why I want to know volume is for reference when remineralizing (knowing how much to add). Though I guess I could add a known volume and mark off the level on my own - any ideas on inert marking strategies?
To be honest I'm so bad about being strict on the re-mineralizing. I just put about 1/8 or 1/10 tap water with my RO water and call it a day. Probably not the best way to do it, but it has worked for me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My husband has one for mixing RO for his saltwater tank. We used some clear PVC and installed it in the barrel with uniseals, then marked on the clear pvc various water levels. Here's a picture of the mixing barrel partway through construction so you can see what I am talking about. It's worked well.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.