The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys. So i did a 90% water change and instead of mixing the salts in a bucket to remineralise the ro water, i added them straight into the aquarium because i was being lazy. Anyway i noticed later that my some of mont carlo carpet some of the leaves were burned.
fairly certain its not a defeciency as its not the whole carpet just some leaves towards the front where i added the salts.
so can remineralising salts burn plant leaves if the land on them?

·
Registered
288 Posts
hello guys. So i did a 90% water change and instead of mixing the salts in a bucket to remineralise the ro water, i added them straight into the aquarium because i was being lazy. Anyway i noticed later that my some of mont carlo carpet some of the leaves were burned.

fairly certain its not a defeciency as its not the whole carpet just some leaves towards the front where i added the salts.

so can remineralising salts burn plant leaves if the land on them?
I am facing same issue using seachem equilibrium, even though i premix before adding. Planning to stop it.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep thats one reason i have not used equilibrium. i heard a few times it burns plants leaves if added straight in.
i guess its back to mixing them in a bucket for me then . its strange you know because lots of people seem add their salts straight into the aquarium?

·
Registered
288 Posts
yep thats one reason i have not used equilibrium. i heard a few times it burns plants leaves if added straight in.
i guess its back to mixing them in a bucket for me then . its strange you know because lots of people seem add their salts straight into the aquarium?
Mine burnt even after premixing half the dose recommend. Im using tap water gh 3, kh 2. Im keeping up with weekly 60% wc, and adding tropica double the recommend dose. Things are getting better.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts