The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I am having an issue lately with my RO/DI water system in my kitchen faucet. Was installed more than a year ago and I mainly use it to do my weekly water changes of 50% in my 72 gallons tank. About a month ago I was still getting 3 gallons each time (normal), then 2-1/4 gallons and now 2 gallons. Now is taking me more time to get all the water I need.
Have you guys experienced something like this before? If so maybe changing the filters will corrected the issue? I am thinking might be time to change mine so I can get 3 gallons of water again every time. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
16,937 Posts
What are the water parameters of your tap/source water? It's possible (and likely) you need to change your filter inserts.

Water pressure? Has it changed? If you aren't getting enough pressure, your filter won't perform optimally and can produce less water.

What do you mean by "each time"? How long does it take to produce 3 gallons of RODI water? Could you give us more specifics about your RODI filter system?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What are the water parameters of your tap/source water? It's possible (and likely) you need to change your filter inserts.

Water pressure? Has it changed? If you aren't getting enough pressure, your filter won't perform optimally and can produce less water.

What do you mean by "each time"? How long does it take to produce 3 gallons of RODI water? Could you give us more specifics about your RODI filter system?
I am asking to see if someone has encountered the same problem? RO/DI system doing less water and what might be the issue?

I do not know the pressure, this system was installed under the sink faucet. I didn't have any issues until about a month ago, did fine for more than a year.

By each time I mean getting 3 gallons every time the tank is filled.

You might be right about changing the filters but before doing so wanted to see if somebody has done it then they were getting more water with the new filters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.