The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got RO/DI unit with SpectaPure LL-C electronic auto shut off. The set up looks pretty complicated. I am just curious if this auto shut off will shut off both clean water and waste water flow, or just the clean water production? It would be a waste to jsut shut off the clean water and have the tap water keep on running but I am not sure. Anyone here has any idea?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm not sure about the electronic unit you mentioned but traditional pressure activated solenoid/float/check valve combos are placed between the carbon/membrane IN & the membrane out/DI.

Electronic units may just be placed in front of it all.

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Looking at the schematic, http://www.spectrapure.com/huds/LLC.pdf the LLC will block water into the RO membrane which will also block the waste water. The safety float will prevent overflow of the storage container in the event of a power failure but the water will just dump down the drain like using a flush kit......DC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.