The Planted Tank Forum banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
thank you.

just thought it was time for another update shot. other than the micro chain sword up front doesn't seem to be filling in (darn do I ever need a good low ground cover, any low/medium light suggestions?) other than that I am very pleased with this tank

·
Registered
33 Posts
thank you.

just thought it was time for another update shot. other than the micro chain sword up front doesn't seem to be filling in (darn do I ever need a good low ground cover, any low/medium light suggestions?) other than that I am very pleased with this tank

Looking good! maybe my silly sticks will look better when the tank is all up and running.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Luminescent is that you?!!!! My husband was a safety officer for the NACD for years and was part of the group that originally put those warning signs out!
and yes was have visited Crystal River often.

I love your castle tank!

here is how mine is doing, bumped up for a friend

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
in place of the crypt I moved I put a pretty little plant which I have no name for...anyone???
Looks like a Cabomba, they are nice when they get their color and they grow fast and are hardy. Just don't let them melt because they make a mess of things when they start melting.

I am digging the sand! Looks great!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Meg, the tank is simply gorgeous!

Your fish store must be top of the line. All I have are PetCo and PetsMart. They have nothing like the fish you have.

I love the Albino Bristlenose. I had a regular Bristlenose and loved him.

You're making me rethink all those hundreds of Angelfish fry I'm raising!

I can't wait to get started on my tank.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Looks awesome!
I think I missed something; the blueish-purple fish with the red noses, what are those? They're shaped like barbs or maybe rasboras...
they are Black Rasboras, good eye! I love them. but I recently lost them all. not sure what happened as everyone else is fine. over two weeks they all just dropped off :(

Sandy, the albino bristle nose I got from Molly. she sells them

I recently added 3 sparkling goramies, they are very small and different.
thinking of making my green neon school bigger instead of replacing the rasbora

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shouldnt you stop adding fish until you figure out why there dieing I mean that is assame that your just adding more fish everytime the others dye lol check your water parameters

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
up date a s requested. happy you all like my tank!
Aquatic Prodigy the waters are good, all other fish are doing great. I enlarged the green neon school and moved my betta to this tank, he makes a nice centerpiece fish. the rummy noses keep him in line.
I had a terrible out break of BBA and got it undercontrol with 5 amano shrimp, they are amazing! added 3 cherri shrimp as well. the water is clear the pictures are bad, I try to get better pictures soon.
the tank tonight

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
gone for a weekend and had a large snail die. the tank had a large fish load and that dead snail pushed it over the edge, I lost much of the fish life.
still standing(swimming) are 3 rummy noses, 2 green neons, the albino bristle nose, 1 male threadfin rainbow, and 5 sparkling georamis.

I think I will keep the Bristle Nose and Sparkling Gs, add more green neon..
rehome the threadin and rummy noses.
add a school of 5 black rasboras or 5 black neons.

any-who, here is the tank today

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
replaced the green neons, I love them had to have them.
and have added 6 threadfin rainbows

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
today replaced the threadfins with black rasboras. I guess fancy isn't my taste! lol
I like the beefy presence of the rasboras and being dark purple they show agains the greenery nicely

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
thought it was time for an update on this tank.
it is home to 11 green neons, 5 black rasbora, 5 rummy nose tetra, 2 sparkling gouramies, and a male dwarf Victoria mouth breeder

Attachments

61 - 80 of 89 Posts