The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one Riparium Trellis Raft for free! Someone paid the shipping for a RAOK they gave me, so I will pay shipping for this one. So the trellis raft is free and so is the shipping. 100% free!

Rules:
1) You must have at least one Riparium Hanging Planter.
2) You must post a picture of the planter (planted) in your tank.
3) You must have a piece of paper (chalk board, lap top screen, etc.) with
your user name and todays date infront of the tank.

I will pick a name at random (or my cat will, or one of my turtles, or geckos . . . whoever is in a name picking mood) for the winner!

Post up and good luck!
:D :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
This is my bathroom tank. I recently tore it down and am not sure what to do with it. I have a standard riparium cup, with Ruellia brittoniana.
As you can see, its pretty bare, just a so-called 'betta bowl' filled with assorted mosses, and a few fandom guppy fry.
The trellis really could spruce it up! =]
View attachment 66258

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
This is my bathroom tank. I recently tore it down and am not sure what to do with it. I have a standard riparium cup, with Ruellia brittoniana.
As you can see, its pretty bare, just a so-called 'betta bowl' filled with assorted mosses, and a few fandom guppy fry.
The trellis really could spruce it up! =]
View attachment 66258
Just get some light on that Ruellia so that it will start growing. Once it's established it will grow like wild. It grows up pretty tall, but if you prune the tips you can keep it shorter and more bushy. It develops bright blue flowers.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have a single 13 watt cfl bulb on it right now, and might be upgrading, though these cfl bulbs also grow my other, though aquatic, plants. Im hoping its good enough? The lighting in my bathroom is really akward, so i had to hold the lap at a weird angle to get a semi-decent shot.
A few of the leaves have gotten crispy black? others are fine though, but no new leaves that i can see. However, there is a new stalk coming up! Its white, and i found it when i took the packing stuff off...i left the tip uncovered and its grown a bit since it was planted. =]

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know, I did not put an end date to this. It can't just go on forever! So by next Tuesday the 22 it will end and a winner will be picked! Woo!

Right now, LyzzaRyzz, You are in the game! :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey it looks like those plants are starting to establish. You can grow mosses right on the trellis rafts too, although it might work better in a high-humdity rip setup.
Yeah, they are definitely doing well. There is easily noticeable growth differences from day to day :). The moss will probably be going submerged once I get my tank sorted out, or I'll try a fogger to see how that works for humidity. Either way the riparium addition is great!

Acro said:
Very cool chevyguy8893!

So now we have:

LyzzaRyzz
Contrl
and
chevyguy8893

All in the game!
Thanks! I hope more post their pictures, it is nice to see what everyone is doing with these planters.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wrote each name on a 3.5" by 1.5" piece of paper.
Then balled them up.
Shook them around in my hands then rolled them towards my cat.
The 1st one she touched with her paw or nose was going to be the winner.
And . . .
She sniffed Contrl first!
Contrl, you get the Trellis Raft, please message me your address and I'll take care of the rest.
Thanks for playing LyzzaRyzz and chevyguy8893! Good Luck with your tanks!
Have a beautiful night!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts