1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Great deal on awesome equipment!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Aw this is perfect!I will be looking ionto a few of these as soon as I get a little money to spend.However,I am in debt to a friend who graciously helped me get pressurized.

How long will these be available?Are they a new permanent thing?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a 7.9gallon puffer tank that I'm thinking about turning into a puffer riparium. (side question: any adverse effects on fish being housed in a riparium?)

Would one of these packages be sufficient or should I be looking at 2?

Also, would you be kind enough to reply/pm me with any helpful links for a first-time riparium builder?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aw this is perfect!I will be looking ionto a few of these as soon as I get a little money to spend.However,I am in debt to a friend who graciously helped me get pressurized.

How long will these be available?Are they a new permanent thing?
Just let me know if you have any questions. Yes these are a new permanent product, but they will be TPT-exclusive for a little while here.

I have a 7.9gallon puffer tank that I'm thinking about turning into a puffer riparium. (side question: any adverse effects on fish being housed in a riparium?)

Would one of these packages be sufficient or should I be looking at 2?

Also, would you be kind enough to reply/pm me with any helpful links for a first-time riparium builder?

Thanks!
No I can't think of any adverse effects for fish at all. Fish love ripariums! The only consideration to have in mind is that if you have the tank full of water but with plants growing out the top then the tank will be open-top and you will want to select fish less likely to jump. I have never heard of puffers jumping.

You could get a couple real nice plants going with just one of these kits, but you could add that much more interest with two. I forgot to mention the discounted price for two packs - $36.

Ill be happy to help in any way I can just let me know any questions you might have.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey there, I have wanted to try a Riparium and am waiting on some work to be finished at the house before setting up more aquariums. BUT, I have several 10 gallon tanks in the garage waiting for occupants and wanted to set up a small one for my husbands desk. He likes the dwarf puffer. Is a 10 g too small?? I saw the post from another member so I was hoping not. But when I looked at your thread for the 20 g you said, at the time, that it was the smallest you had tried. Any advise??

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi! A 10 is a great size for a small riparium setup. You can either lower the water quite a bit and keep all the plants inside, or hang a light above and grow the plants out the top. You can get a clamp light (about $7) with a spiral CF bulb (about $4) from the hardware store and hang that above very easily. That 11.4-gallon tank of mine had lighting like that and the plants grew very well.

I can send excellent riparium plants too! Just let me know if you ahve any questions.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is a great way to get started with riparium plants for just twenty-one bucks. Ask me about plants too. If you are in a zip not too far away I might be able to include a plant or two complimentary.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep this combination pack is part of an intitiative to develop products better-suited for the retail shelf.

That would be fantastic if you could consider that for your shop. Please contact me if you start to look at that more closely. I would love to help set up a display tank. I have lots of plants here.

1 - 20 of 276 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.