The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riparium Plants

I have some neat plants here. These selections are all true marginal aquatics, so they adapt well in ripariums and faithfully represent the shoreline habitat. I can ship a small box containing a few plants with an additional $6 to cover USPS Priority postage. Purchases totaling $65 or more will ship free!

• Dichromena colorata Star Grass - $5 - This is an attractive native wetland sedge that grows to about 14" with bright white floral bracts. Easy to grow.
  • Pilea cadierei Aluminum Plant - $3 - Sturdy stems and silver-spotted leaves make this one of the most attractive riparium plants. It does not root very well in finer gravel preferred by most riparium plants, so it should be planted instead in coarse LECA or similar substrate.
  • Zephyranthes Rain Lily, White $3 . Ships as dry, dormant bulb.
  • Zephyranthes Rain Lily, Pink $3 This plant is easy to grow and blooms with love pink flowers. Ships as dry, dormant bulb.
  • Zephyranthes Rain Lily, Yellow $3 This plant is easy to grow and blooms with love pink flowers. Ships as dry, dormant bulb.
  • Spathiphyllum Peace Lily $4 The dark green, robust leaves of this plant works well as background foliage for other riparium plants. It will also bloom with the familiar bright white Peace Lily spathe.
  • Asclepias Mexican Milkweed $4 This might be the easiest of all riparium plants to bloom. It also grows vigorously. Prune to control height.
  • Acorus Japanese Sweetflag $4 While not a true grassy, this selection is one of the best for recreating a grassy riverbank environment if repeated in several riparium planters. It grows to only about 14" in height, so it is an excellent choice for smaller tanks.
  • Cyperus Dwarf Umbrella Sedge $4 Another excellent grassy background plant, Dwarf Umbrella Sedge is also good for adding vertical dimension with its upright stalks. It can grow to as tall as 30" in height, but stays more compact in brighter light.

I can also pack plants with the two different riparium planter 2-pack models that I have here. These can apply for the free shipping deal for purchasess totaling more than $65.

Riparium Supply brand Riparium Planter 2-pack - $26

Aqua Verdi brand Riparium Planter 2-pack - $20

1 - 1 of 1 Posts