The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tore down my 65-gallon tank in preparation for replanting. Here is a shot of that setup when it was still full of plants.

I have some extra material on-hand. Here is a quick list with prices:

• sweetflag, Acorus gramineus 'Ogon'--good-sized, rooted division, $4 each
  • radican sword, Echinodorus cordifolius--plantlets, $4 each
  • dwarf taro, Colocasia fallax--plantlets, $6 each

These are all pretty easy plants for ripariums and I can provide detailed advice if you have any questions about growing them. You can look around the following thread for pictures of specimens:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/tank-journals-photo-album/85953-rescape-65-gallon-riparium.html

I only have a few of each of these, so respond quick if you would like to get a box. I have a few other odds and ends that I can post into this thread too.

Regards,

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey hey! How demanding are these plants? (light and CO2 wise)
These plants are undemanding, but they do perform best with diligent fertilization.

This tank has about 1.2 watts/gallon of HO T5 lighting. The plants for sale are emergent riparium plants, so they get their CO2 from the atmosphere.

Delivery for you would be free of charge. We offer free tours too!

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I accept order payment through PayPal. Plants shipped USPS Priority Mail for $6.50.

The taro is an especially attractive plant, and it's easy to grow in a riparium. Look at this beautiful leaf!

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking about making a 2.5 gallon riparium tank, I think these plants are too big...
I think that a 2.5 is too small for a riparium, but you could put together a nice little paludarium in a tank like that with a little piece of driftwood and whatever else. I have some smaller plants that might work including some cool crypts and other things.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does the Colocasia need a cool winter dormancy?
That one does require a dormancy, and it will probably go dormant sometime soon because it has started to flower. It's not too hard to take care of though. The dormancy lasts four or five months, then the plant starts to grow again.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THis picture from the same tank, from a while ago, shows what a pretty plant that Acorus gramineus sweetlflag is. It is the grass-like plant there in the middle of the tank.

The divisions that I have are rhizomes cuttings with 8-10 leaves each.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I highly recommend the Echinodorus cordifolius sword too. Here is a plantlet still on the flower stalk with one of the pretty white blooms that this plant has.

This is a perfect riparium plant for largish tanks.

I also have a couple of young plants already established in planters and I can ship these too for a few bucks more.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I sent off two boxes this morning, but I still have some more of this stuff. I have many other good riparium plants too so just ask if you want to get an idea of other possibilities.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's another one that I have on hand. White stargrass, Dichromena latifolia, yours for $4.00.

This is an attractive and unusual plant. It is a sedge, but it gets these showy white flowers...

Flowers with your fish--very cool! Most sedges have plain green blooms like those of grasses. Here is what the whole plant looks like...

Many grass-like plants do not perform well under artificial lighting, but this plant grows well in ripariums and it's good for creating a grassy riverbank feel. I have several good-sized divisions ready for planting.

• white stargrass, Dichromena latifolia, rooted divisions (somewhat smaller than pictured above), $4 each

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Scroll back through this thread and take a look at these plants if you haven't seen them already, and take a second look if you are still pondering--these are fun plants to grow.

I always throw extra stuff in the box too.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A bump for quittin' time--this is compelling stuff--look at this gorgeous Colocasia fallax.

I still have one more of these.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This is a bump. I can still put together packages with these plants and others. It would be great to send some stuff off (and for you to receive it!) before the weather gets much colder.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.