The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got another new plant that I have been hoping to acquire for some time, C. usteriana. I picked it up at Living Art Aquarium here in Madison. It's a nice big plant.

The store had it growing underwater, so I suppose these are submersed-form leaves. I will try to get it grow as an emersed specimen, the put it into my 55-gallon crypts tank. I put a little more detail over in that thread.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/tank-journals-photo-album/85881-55-gallon-crypts-riparium-20.html#post946146

I need to try to remember this post and come back and dig it up in a few months for an update on the emersed growth of this C. usteriana.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
I like how the underside of the leaves are red. Your lfs sounds pretty good. Mine never carries anything other than anubias nana and elodea. :shrug:

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it's a pretty nice store, but they need to update their Website. They get a lot of nice saltwater stuff and cichlids there. The freshwater community section is also pretty good.

I had seen pictures of C. usteriana, but I was so impressed when I saw the plants there in the store. The plant wasn't so terribly expensive either.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Craig to steal this plant you'll have to get past the security system, Neopolitan mastiff and numerous booby traps that protect my fish room.

It looks like this one is actually pretty easy to bloom, and in fact I think that I see the tip of another new spathe on the way.

Here are a few more shots.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Craig, if you want this plant all you have to do is ask. ;)

I have some for you. Shoot me a pm and I will pull one for you.
I was actually contacted by someone yesterday that has a larger one for me. I just like to give Devin a hard time, figure as much as I've spent with Riparium Supply I can get away with it.

You know Over_Stocked is selling his riparium stuff you could get one and have your own too! :biggrin:

Craig

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I was actually contacted by someone yesterday that has a larger one for me. I just like to give Devin a hard time, figure as much as I've spent with Riparium Supply I can get away with it.
Say no more bro. Giving devin a hard time... SOLID. Keep them sponsors inline with their fancy stuffs.

Gotta give it to him though, he is an artist with his setups, his carpentry and his photography. A real leader in the hobby. But, if I had a way to "dig" into him, I would!! LOL!

You know Over_Stocked is selling his riparium stuff you could get one and have your own too! :biggrin:

Craig
Oh no, not doing that. Devin owes me one from some plants a while back that I haven't yet cashed in on. :eek5:

I see a 50 gal riparum in my future. I just need some more time to get some other things in order on the home front. I already have the breeding pair of fish thats going in there, my "blue eyes" (Cryptoheros myrnae).

Maybe, just maybe, I will do a tank journal here. We shall see.... :confused: I don't usually show my tanks or projects, but I am starting to feel the itch.

I may just scratch it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts