The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm attempting to add some riparium plants to one of my tanks. The tank is in a super dark corner with almost no natural light. I was wondering if a clip-on led aquarium light positioned toward the riparium plants would be enough light. I'm not interested in hanging lights and there is no room next to the tank for a light. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Perhaps, but probably not. It's not so much that the amount of light is insufficient, more so that is very low height wise above the tank. Unless you're planning on running your tank half full, there just won't be enough height for the plants to grow vertical. They'll lean over towards where the light is and while they grow that way, they look kind of goofy.

I know your not looking to hang anything, but if the track is against a wall, all you'd need is a screw to mount an accent light (the one I use is from Walmart and was under $10 for fixture and bulb) and is more than sufficient

here's an example, 3 and 5g tanks, same finne fugeray-r clip on light, different plants but same growth characteristics planted in identical deep blue hob filters, similar lighting schedules for both ~10 hours with lights controlled by timers. one with the aforementioned light on the wall one without. the reason for having one without is it's in the bedroom and next to a tv and I really don't want the extra light spillage and the plants leaning doesn't bother me since it's mainly viewed from below anyways

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.