The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got home from work to check out the damage from the earthquake that just hit us here in Japan. My 55g looks fine, no water spillage I think. My 20L a a few rocks shifted, salvinia all over the leaves of my riparium plants and I think just minor water spillage. Now my rimless nano is the worst, I think over a liter came out of that tank. Just glad all my DIY stands held up and water didn't short out my extention cords...next project..build a proper place for electrical stuff..no joke....

·
Super Moderator
16,945 Posts
Quakes and tanks have to be a really scary combination.

With the abundance of rimless, open-top tanks in quake-prone areas, there must be something people do to avoid water sloshing out and causing problems. Maybe some kind of extremely absorbent material?

I know people put lips on their stands to prevent tanks from sliding off but I'd never considered water sloshing out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I won't complain about evaporation any more... glad I don't have those issues in my region. It just gets really damn cold, but can't complain really.

Glad to hear you are okay, water can always be cleaned up.

·
Registered
494 Posts
never even thought of that! evaporation is now my friend!
and i don't get THAT cold, but it get's cold... a humbly apologize for any griping i may ever do about evaporation.

glad you are okay, as are your fishes/shrimps/plants/etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.