The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I have just had a, sorry for imperial measurements but I am still hanging on to the " old " ways, 36 inch by 12 inch by 12 inch Aquarium made with 6 mm, what's that in Inches?, thickness Glass , is this safe, being Brace-less etc. I downloaded this http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/diy/57295-rimless-aquarium-glass-thickness-calculator.html and it looks safe but doesn't give a very safe score for the Base, I will be putting it onto a 1 cm thick rubberised Aquarium Mat. Any advice more than welcome.

Kev.

·
Registered
736 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hear you, loud and clear but the Table is a lot sturdier than it appears !
We, all six Kids were all reared from, and played on that Table, it is solid Pine with legs like Tree Trunks and Braces so it isn't going anywhere, it has always been the Test area for new Tanks and projects.

The Tank cost 129 Euro, so around 160 Dollars US.

An alternative was to get the Tank made from normal Glass and only have the Optiwhite on the Face but it just looked better to go all the way.

I plan a simple set up with Sandstone from a local Reservoir that due to, believe it or not, drought in lovely rainy Ireland, which had caused it to become visible and available courtesy of a Friend in the Parks and wildlife dept. Stock will be 20 Galaxy Danios F1 and 20 Emerald Danios wild caught. I will also have, to fill the upper levels, Rasbora Kubotai x 12.

Thanks.

Kev.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hyper!

That tank looks wonderful! Your fish are hyper! lol

Thanks Mate,

When you see what they were held in until this was ready, you'd understand their delight in getting out !! There are 7 Amano for cleaning up and I included 10 Pygmy Corydoras as I think they add a bit of fun to the set-up.

All perams are as I would hope them to be.

Kev.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Plants In Optiwhite

Didiplis diandra at the back, Staurogyne repens at the front, Monoselenium tenerum on the Left attached to Rock, various Mosses, Lilliopsis brasiliensis, at front right, Pogostemon erectus at back, right of middle and to the right of that, Mayaca fluviatilis.

Thanks.

Kev.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.