The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so i have a good bit of pond snails in one of my tanks, BUT there is also nerites and a few rams as well in there that i want to keep.

I have a pair of yoyos, but they dont seem to be doing the job. There are a butt load of MTS that i just wanted to thin out, but apprently the yoyos dont want to eat snails.

What are some other options. I do manually remove a few a day, the ones that attach to the glass, and use the zucchini trick but........

·
Registered
293 Posts
The yoyo's will go for the rams and ponds first. They are easier to suck out. The trap door on the MTS makes them have to work a little to get them out. They will harass the nerites.

Try using s a leaf of romaine or similar green. That way you can leave any rams and nerites and pick off the MTS.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The yoyo's will go for the rams and ponds first. They are easier to suck out. The trap door on the MTS makes them have to work a little to get them out. They will harass the nerites.

Try using s a leaf of romaine or similar green. That way you can leave any rams and nerites and pick off the MTS.

actually i really did some searching for pond snails, and couldnt find many moving around last night, so i guess they are eating them. But the MTS are still everywhere.

To answer you questions from the other thread started by someone else in the "fish" section, i didnt want to hijack his:

I got them at Creation Reef in woodstock. They are not skinny and will eat shrimp pellets.

Maybe a couple assassins are in my near future. Ill have to move the nerites out i guess if i go that route

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.